Samstag, 16. Mai 2015

05. Jan. 2015 - Kerio View

This is my first full flying day there. I start towards the south and it just works, as I had learned from my studies in the Xcontest and other internet sources. In december 2014 I had figured out on google earth, that proceeding further south than the usual turnpoint at km40-42S of Kerio View should be possible. In the last two weeks before my arrival the german pilot Boris Kalter had luckily proven, that it is so. Probably he had figured out the same. So it is one of the first things I try on my first full flying day there and it works also for me. But flying back from the south is hard work on the ridge corners and two M6 with swiss pilots fail on this challenge. I fight back and succeed, but once I pass Kerio View to the north I am to late or the northerly winds are to strong - whatever, proceeding further to the north seems not to be in the cards. After a 4-5 hours flight and a triangle of about 115 - 120 km I land at the take-off of the hotel.

 

 





Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen